Identifying Items with the most in common

ahall351

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm working on a file that can automatically identify products with the most in common. For example I've tagged products with 20+ attributes(ex. Price, color, shape, etc). I want to be able to identify a comparable item based on which OTHER product has the most attribute matches.

So for example - I have the below Item in one sheet. I have a list of other products organized in the same way on another sheet. How do I return the other item that has the highest amount of attribute matches?
PLUCLASSSCLSProduct TypeSub TypeBand SizeDesign StyleThemeSub ThemeGemstone ColorMetalMetal Type 1Metal Type 2Metal PurityStone ShapeStone OverallStone 1Stone 2Stone 3Price Range
20000000​
1860Pendant/NecklaceChainGoldWhite Gold18KDiamond3,000 - 3,999

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Welcome.

In your single example, does this one have 10 attributes?
Then, from the other sheet you haven't shown, do you want to find other listings with 10 attributes?

It would be helpful if you showed more examples and the result you want.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for responding! So the first image below is my main sheet I am working on. There are 19 "attribute" columns which may or may not have content depending on the product.

In the next image is my reference tab. This is literally just a copy of what's on my "main sheet" so I may not need this info on a separate tab but I wasn't sure.

What I want the file to do is compare the PLUs(Items) in my main sheet against the PLUs(Column A) in the reference sheet and identify which other PLU has the most attribute matches(out of the 19) and return that PLU number in the corresponding row in column AB on my main sheet.

Hopefully that makes sense. Thank you in advance for any help.
1579187583201.png

1579187757707.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michael2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back