Wil3rd

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

I am looking for help.

Many of my cells are containing: "mailto:xxxxxx@gmail.com"

I would like to delete "mailto:" and keep the email address in all cells.
Something like : If cells bewtwenn B2:B100 are containing "mailto:" then delete it. (But i don't want to delete the cell, i want to delete only "mailto:" and keep the entire email adress which in the same cell.
If anyone have any idea, i am in. By doing a macro or whatever you want.

Thanks in advance !

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
the simplest way would be to use the find/replace feature. Replace "mailto:" with blank.

Upvote 0
If you have frequent data input and want a formula to do this, then use substitute. For example: =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"Mailto:","")

Upvote 0
If you have frequent data input and want a formula to do this, then use substitute. For example: =SUBSTITUTE(D3,"Mailto:","")
Thanks a lot for your quick reply, i don't understand why my ecxel is sending a message error. I don't get why and where there is a mistake in my formula. I put excactly same formula as you.

Upvote 0
What error message are you getting? D3 should be replaced with whatever cell contains your text.

Upvote 0
Try changing the commas to semi-colons.

Upvote 0
I have been able to make it at the end. But the formula is deleting all of my cell. My cell is "mailto:xxxx@email.com" and in my cell i want to keep the email adress and only delete "mailto:".

Upvote 0
To be clear, this formula MUST be put into a cell other than the cell that contains your text.

Upvote 0
It's dependant on region, a lot of European countries use a semi-colon as the formula separator.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
letonuslepus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back