IF and problem with entering formula

millsey

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
=ifs(B2<=O5,1,AND(B2>O5,B2<=P5),2,and(B2>P5,B2<=Q5),3,and(B2>Q5,B2<=R5),4,and(B2>R5,B2<=S5),5,and(B2>S5,B2<=T5),6,and(B2>T5,B2<=U5),7,1,"")

Iam trying to do this formula but keep getting this problem message. Is it a setting issue on my PC or something I am typing ?

not trying to type a formula? when the first character is an equal("=") or minus("-") sign excel thinks ita s formula

:you type =1+1,cell shows:2

to get around this type an apostrophe(') first

:you type ‘=1+1,cell shows=1+1

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
The formula appears to be fine. Have you encountered this message with other formulas? One possibility is regional settings that expect the list separator to be some character (perhaps a semicolon ;) other than a comma. You can check under Windows Control Panel > Region > Additional Settings and then examine the list separator and decimal setting.

Upvote 0
@KRice
1688712787609.png

Did you notice that the forum converted your semicolon followed by a closing parenthesis into a 'Wink' smilie?

For the future you can correct that. Have a look at the 'PLAIN' BB Code tags towards the bottom of this page. I have added the tags for you this time.

@millsey
If your settings do require comma separators also try physically selecting the formula text in post #1 of this thread, copying and pasting in Excel just in case what you typed into Excel was not exactly the same as what you typed here.
The formula was accepted when I pasted into my Excel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@KRice
View attachment 94869
Did you notice that the forum converted your semicolon followed by a closing parenthesis into a 'Wink' smilie?
For the future you can correct that. Have a look at the 'PLAIN' BB Code tags towards the bottom of this page. I have added the tags for you this time.
Thanks, Peter. I had not noticed until you mentioned it. I think I clicked “Post reply” without using preview or reviewing what actually appeared in the post. I appreciate the link to the BB Code tags.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hopkinsr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back