Scatter Plot Chart not showing values from cell formula...

Jimmypop

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day all

Stumped a bit on this one and not sure how to proceed...

So I have an item, Item1, that has a target set (in this case 8 (Cell C2)). Only 3 of the 8 are available (Value in B2). I calculate the percentage of this in D2 WHICH IS 38%. This is then rounded to the nearest 10 which is 40%. Then to get my coordinates on my Scatter Graph (made to look like a target) I have TargetPNT where X will always be 5 but Y will change depending on the value in D3 (which as per my example is 40%). This means that 40% is equal to 4 so my xy scatter coordinates will be 5 and 7.5.

No my issue is that if I type the 7.50 in manually then my data point appears on my graph, however if I use a formula to determine the y coordinate then my graph does not show the data point. What am I doing wrong and is there a way to do this?

1.jpg

21.jpg

Book1.xlsx
ABCDEFGH
1ItemActualTargetPercentage Complete
2Item13838%Bulls Eye4.484.98
3TargetPNT57.5040%158.75
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D2D2=B2/C2
C3C3=IF(D3>0.39,"7.50","0")
D3D3=ROUND(D2,1)

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
I do not understand what you are doing or trying to do.
How is 40% equal to 4? How does that produce a 7.5?

Anyway in your IF function you are returning a string (text) not a number. So if you are plotting X = B3, Y = C3 what won't work.
You'll have to delete the quotes like this:

Excel Formula:
=IF(D3>0.39, 7.50, 0)

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi @felixstraube

If the result is 40%, then because 40% starts with a 4, I need the coordinates from the row with the 4 in the table. If you have a look at my picture there is a column with Bulls Eye then 1, 2, 3, 4 etc underneath that. Next to 4 is the coordinates for the 4th ring of the target which is x=5 and y=7.50.

So lets say my result is 34%...this will round to 30% and the new coordinates for the scatter plot chart will be x=5 and y=7.95 meaning that the data point will then fall into the 3rd ring of the target meaning the person is moving farther away from a bulls eye.

Your suggestion made it work, thanks very much. I was a doofus for inserting the quotation marks🙈🙈. December vacay was too long I think.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back