Labelling single point on scatter graph with values from cells

willow-mouse

I have a table with product SKU, sq m, cost:

SKUSq m (m2)Cost (£)
MEFFS.23815
MEFFQ.261528
METTH.331654
MEYUP.142136

I have created a scatter graph with sq metres (m) along the x and cost (£) on the y. There are some anomalous results which I need to call out for discussion. I would like to put data labels on these with the X, Y and a value from cell (the SKU) which would look like the below:

1686915322273.png

I have achieved this by adding data labels to the entire series and then deleting the ones I don't want:
1686915379473.png

However I have hundreds of data points, and when I add a single data label and then format just that single point I have the following options:
1686915498631.png

Is there any way to achieve this without either manually adding a box (data is changing and it'll not move with it - which is a problem) or by adding the required formatting and then manually deleting every single point I don't want (which will take way too long).

TIA.

Attachments

• 1686915300274.png
    1686915300274.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
You can create a new series with just the points you want to label. Format it exactly the same as the main series so it'll overlap the original. Then you can just add data labels to the entire second series.

Upvote 0
You can create a new series with just the points you want to label. Format it exactly the same as the main series so it'll overlap the original. Then you can just add data labels to the entire second series.
I added a couple columns with the trend line formula and a %difference of result from trend line to give me a column of points I wanted to label. Worked perfectly, thank you for the pointer.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back