IF Statement Not Working - Need 2nd Pair of Eyes

Sphinx404

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
excel1.png

I cannot figure out why my IF statement won't populate the matches in the highlighted cells from the image above. Any thoughts?

Code:
Do Until Range("AQ" & row).Formula = ""

match1 = ""
match2 = ""
match3 = ""

code1 = Range("AQ" & row).Value
code2 = Range("AR" & row).Value
code3 = Range("AS" & row).Value

If code1 = Range("AT" & row).Value Then match1 = "MATCH" 'if AQ matches AT, then MATCH1 = match
If code1 = Range("AU" & row).Value Then match1 = "MATCH" 'if AQ matches AU, then MATCH1 = match
If code1 = Range("AV" & row).Value Then match1 = "MATCH" 'if AQ matches AV, then MATCH1 = match
If code1 = Range("AW" & row).Value Then match1 = "MATCH" 'if AQ matches AW, then MATCH1 = match
If code1 = Range("AX" & row).Value Then match1 = "MATCH" 'if AQ matches AX, then MATCH1 = match

If code2 = Range("AT" & row).Value Then match2 = "MATCH" 'if AR matches AT, then MATCH2 = match
If code2 = Range("AU" & row).Value Then match2 = "MATCH" 'if AR matches AU, then MATCH2 = match
If code2 = Range("AV" & row).Value Then match2 = "MATCH" 'if AR matches AV, then MATCH2 = match
If code2 = Range("AW" & row).Value Then match2 = "MATCH" 'if AR matches AW, then MATCH2 = match
If code2 = Range("AX" & row).Value Then match2 = "MATCH" 'if AR matches AX, then MATCH2 = match

If code3 = Range("AT" & row).Value Then match3 = "MATCH" 'if AS matches AT, then MATCH3 = match
If code3 = Range("AU" & row).Value Then match3 = "MATCH" 'if AS matches AU, then MATCH3 = match
If code3 = Range("AV" & row).Value Then match3 = "MATCH" 'if AS matches AV, then MATCH3 = match
If code3 = Range("AW" & row).Value Then match3 = "MATCH" 'if AS matches AW, then MATCH3 = match
If code3 = Range("AX" & row).Value Then match3 = "MATCH" 'if AS matches AX, then MATCH3 = match

If match1 = "MATCH" Then
    Range("BD" & row).Value = "MATCH"
    If match2 = "MATCH" Then
        Range("BE" & row).Value = "MATCH"
[COLOR=#ff0000]        If match3 = "MATCH" Then
            Range("BF" & row).Value = "MATCH"[/COLOR]
Else
    Range("BG" & row).Value = "NO MATCH"
        End If
    End If
End If
If Range("BD" & row).Value = "" Then
    If Range("BE" & row).Value = "" Then
        If Range("BF" & row).Value = "" Then
            Range("BG" & row).Value = "NO MATCH"
        End If
    End If
End If

row = row + 1

Loop

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Best way to find out why it's not working is to step through the code using F8 & see what happens & when.

In this case if match1 does not = MATCH your code will jump to the Else statement & ignore the nested Ifs

Upvote 0
Incidentally, you can replace that entire section of code with:

Code:
    For r = 2 To Cells(Rows.Count, "AQ").End(xlUp).Row
        Cells(r, "BD").Resize(1, 3).Value = Evaluate("IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(" & Cells(r, "AQ").Resize(1, 3).Address & _
                                                     "," & Cells(r, "AT").Resize(1, 5).Address & ",0)),""MATCH"","""")")

Cells(r, "BG") = IIf(WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Cells(r, "BD").Resize(1, 3), "MATCH") = 0, "NO MATCH", "")
    Next r

Upvote 0
You guys are ridiculous.

I can't even interpret what your code says. However, I did try it out... and it works flawlessly. Which is bittersweet... On the one hand, I get to go home now and my weekend begins, and on the other hand, I have so much to learn..

Thank you both.

Upvote 0
I always enjoy learning new things, so it's nice to know that there's more to learn. In this case, I noticed that your code essentially does the same thing as a MATCH worksheet function. So the first line (after the For) just uses Evaluate to build and execute the MATCH function on the 3 cells you're interested in. The next line uses a different way to call a worksheet function from Excel, the COUNTIF.

If that's your code, you're probably better off sticking with something you understand, but just remember there's more than 1 way to skin a cat!

Glad we could help! :cool:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back