If Statement Returning a 0 in Google Sheets but Calculates Correctly in Excel

ndg4405

We have a bunch of raw data dumps with sales info and I am trying to build a breakdown so we can determine how much of each products monthly sales were organic versus email promotion versus rebates, etc.

1600859941406.png

So you can see the image above. The if statement goes like this: If BreakDown="units" then sumif to match product name and month and year to get the total units sold. The false part of the if statement gives the units as a percentage of the total. So it's the same sumif formula but then divided by the total in row 19.

This is the formula in cell H15 so June PPC:

=iferror(IF($L$1="Units",SUMIFS('Monthly Sales Raw Data'!$AE:$AE,'Monthly Sales Raw Data'!$A:$A,$B14,'Monthly Sales Raw Data'!$B:$B,H$4,'Monthly Sales Raw Data'!$E:$E,$H$1),SUMIFS('Monthly Sales Raw Data'!$AE:$AE,'Monthly Sales Raw Data'!$A:$A,$B14,'Monthly Sales Raw Data'!$B:$B,H$4,'Monthly Sales Raw Data'!$E:$E,$H$1)/H$19),0)

Here is what happens when you change it to Percentage in the breakdown:

1600860141263.png

Instead of returning 132/419 it just gives a 0. It does this for every cell.

I have broken the formula out from the if statement and it works in all of it's component parts. It also works perfectly in excel. For some reason Google Sheets is not liking this if statement. I even tried changing the Breakdown away from text into a number like if it equals 1 sum the units, otherwise do the percent. That didn't work either.

I am completely stumped here because to me all the logic checks out and like I said it works in component parts and in excel. Is this a Google Sheets limitation? Any way around this to get it to work?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Thanks sandy, but I know how to use excel very well. I'm just stuck at the moment and asking for help, not a link to the full instructions guide on learning excel from scratch

Upvote 0
What do you get if you remove the IFERROR function the formula is wrapped in?

Upvote 0
Thanks sandy, but I know how to use excel very well. I'm just stuck at the moment and asking for help, not a link to the full instructions guide on learning excel from scratch
this is not excel guide but google sheet

Upvote 0
What do you get if you remove the IFERROR function the formula is wrapped in?

Same thing. I just added the if error in there because I was trying to figure out if that would change anything.

The only way to divide to 0 would be that the top sum part needs to equal 0 but it doesn't which is why I am so confused. If I just pull that piece of the formula out it works on it's own. It is literally just adding in the if statement which is making the results mess up.

Upvote 0
Are your cells formatted to show decimal values?

Upvote 0
Are your cells formatted to show decimal values?

Thank You!

This was literally driving me insane. the difference was in excel you can do conditional number formating so I had units as zero decimals and percentage formatted as a percentage. You can't do conditional number formatting in sheets so it was set to no decimal points and that's why every percent rounded down to 0

Can't believe this was right in front of my face. I really appreciate your help on this one

Upvote 0
It looks like you could simplify that to:

=iferror(SUMIFS('Monthly Sales Raw Data'!$AE:$AE,'Monthly Sales Raw Data'!$A:$A,$B14,'Monthly Sales Raw Data'!$B:$B,H$4,'Monthly Sales Raw Data'!$E:$E,$H$1)/
IF($L$1="Units",1,
H$19),0)

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back