IF statement with concatenate to show resubmitted work

beginvbaanalyst

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out a formula to show if a request was rejected or approved.
We make trackers twice a day and the only way to notice if a request is rejected, is if it shows up twice but with a different date.
Providing example
135969​
HIERARCHYHIERARCHYARTICLE_CHANGE
11/10/2020​
RegularRejected
135969​
ARTICLE_CHANGEARTICLE_CHANGE
11/17/2020​
RegularRejected

Currently my if statement is the following:
=IF(COUNTIF(B:B,[@Formindex])>1,"Rejected","Approved")

I have 33 of these specific examples in my set of data; currently trying to build a dashboard but it's showing it was rejected twice which it isn't the case, maybe there is a way to show 10/10/2020 as rejected, and then 10/17/2020 as resubmitted?
That's a much better representation of what is actually happening with this data.
I don't thinking grouping them twice is a accurate representation.
Please help.
Thank you.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Begin, I would say we are going to need a little more information in order to give you a good solution. Also if you could use this, Read more about XL2BB..., to show your input and out put that would be great. One of my questions is that part "if it shows up twice". What does it refer to? Let this be the beginning of lots of questions and answers. Pretend we don't know any thing about what you are talking about. Actually you don't have to pretend.

Upvote 0
Begin, I would say we are going to need a little more information in order to give you a good solution. Also if you could use this, Read more about XL2BB..., to show your input and out put that would be great. One of my questions is that part "if it shows up twice". What does it refer to? Let this be the beginning of lots of questions and answers. Pretend we don't know any thing about what you are talking about. Actually you don't have to pretend.
I know about XL2BB but I can't download on a company laptop, pasting fake data is the next best thing I can think of.
If it shows up twice it means the first index submission was rejected, the second index is a resubmission of the rejection.

In all I have three fields to show; approved, rejected, resubmitted.
I'm looking for a way to show the rejected status without grouping them together; currently they group because the index # is the same, the only difference is the date.

I keep thinking of an IF(OR) statement but idk if that's the best way to handle this situation.
I need the data to show an accurate representation of what goes on within our day to day work.

Upvote 0
Ok Let's go down this road. Review the below sheet and comment if it is any thing like what you would expect. I am assuming the index # is unique. Let the questions and answers begin.

Book1
ABCDEFGHI
1Index #Example
2135950ARTICLE_CHANGEARTICLE_CHANGE11/2/2020RegularApprovedA
3135678HIERARCHYHIERARCHY11/3/2020RegularRejectedB
4135552HIERARCHYHIERARCHY11/4/2020RegularApprovedC
5135969HIERARCHYHIERARCHY11/10/2020RegularApprovedD
6135678ARTICLE_CHANGEARTICLE_CHANGE11/11/2020RegularResubmittedE
7135969ARTICLE_CHANGEARTICLE_CHANGE11/10/2020RegularApprovedF
Status

Upvote 0
Ok Let's go down this road. Review the below sheet and comment if it is any thing like what you would expect. I am assuming the index # is unique. Let the questions and answers begin.

Book1
ABCDEFGHI
1Index #Example
2135950ARTICLE_CHANGEARTICLE_CHANGE11/2/2020RegularApprovedA
3135678HIERARCHYHIERARCHY11/3/2020RegularRejectedB
4135552HIERARCHYHIERARCHY11/4/2020RegularApprovedC
5135969HIERARCHYHIERARCHY11/10/2020RegularApprovedD
6135678ARTICLE_CHANGEARTICLE_CHANGE11/11/2020RegularResubmittedE
7135969ARTICLE_CHANGEARTICLE_CHANGE11/10/2020RegularApprovedF
Status

I was able to figure out a formula.
Thank you.
Have a great day!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back