If statement

tlinht

I need a formula that would list multiple occurrances if a single criteria is met. In most instances, there will be more than one. Was wondering if this something like this would work:

if F8:F38=15, and F11 happens to equal 15, then return A15...or if F20 also equals 15, return A20, etc, or if there 15 doesn't occur in in F8:F38, for it to remain blank instead of returning #N/A error message.....essentially that is all I need it to do

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

xld

Banned
Try this formula

=IF(F15=15,A15,IF(F20=15,A20,IF(NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(15,F8:F38,0))),"Found","")))

tlinht

Well its not a given that f15 is going to equal 15, I was just using that as an example. So would something like this work?

=IF(F8:F38=15,A8:A38,IF(NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(15,F8:F38,0)))

And also I tried incorporating index and match into a formula before but the problem I kept running into was that match only returned one match when there others as well

xld

Banned
Well its not a given that f15 is going to equal 15, I was just using that as an example. So would something like this work?

=IF(F8:F38=15,A8:A38,IF(NOT(ISERROR(MATCH(15,F8:F38,0)))

And also I tried incorporating index and match into a formula before but the problem I kept running into was that match only returned one match when there others as well
Mine allows for it to be other than 15, so what is wrong there?

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timeisanelephant77

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...