If THIS and THAT, then add TOTALS

Anmari

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to create a formula in order to be able to have the total hours per position an employee has worked on a different sheet on our database so that i just have to go to that sheet and look for an employee name and have their total shifts worked, total hours worked as a "sitter" and total hours worked as a "psw". The information I need is entered in our database as follows:

COLUMN F = SERVICE PROVIDED (services provided are entered under specific codes, ex: Sitter, PSW, etc...)
COLUMN G = EMPLOYEE NAME
COLUMN M = TOTAL HOURS WORKED

On another sheet I'm trying to do: If (specific service and specific employee on sheet1), then add up total hours for all of that person. Example:

EMPLOYEE NAME
SERVICES PROVIDED
TOTAL HOURS
JOHN SMITH#001
SITTER​
7.5​
JANE DOE#002
PSW​
11.25​
JANE DOE#002
PSW​
7.5​
JOHN SMITH#001
SITTER​
11.25​
JOHN SMITH#001
PSW​
4.00​

I'm trying to get the formula to do "If JOHN SMITH#001 AND SITTER then add all of total hours (so correct total would be 18.75).

I tried the following formulas, but they do not work:

=IF(AND(DATA!G:G="*#1386*",AND(DATA!F:F="SITTERG",DATA!F:F="SITTER")),"VALUE(1*DATA!M:M",SUM(1*DATA!M:M))

=IF(AND(DATA!G:G="1386",DATA!F:F="SITTER"),"",VALUE(1*(SUM(DATA!M:M))))

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Would save us so much time at the end of the year lol

Thank you all in advance! :)

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
This worked! Would it be possible to do multiple services criteria all in one formula? example:
=SUMIFS(TotalHoursRange,ServicesProvidedRange,"SITTER",EmployeeNameRange,"JOHN SMITH#001")

AND
=SUMIFS(TotalHoursRange,ServicesProvidedRange,"SITTERG",EmployeeNameRange,"JOHN SMITH#001")

AND =
SUMIFS(TotalHoursRange,ServicesProvidedRange,"PSW",EmployeeNameRange,"JOHN SMITH#001")

AND
=SUMIFS(TotalHoursRange,ServicesProvidedRange,"PSWG",EmployeeNameRange,"JOHN SMITH#001")

Upvote 0
Try...

=SUM(SUMIFS(TotalHoursRange,ServicesProvidedRange,{"SITTER*","PSW*"},EmployeeNameRange,"JOHN SMITH#001"))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back