IFERROR not functioning with Array

Sevigny86

Good evening everyone,

I'm trying to pull a list of trade data from our Trade History and get the Date, # Shares and Price for all trades matching the stock ticker. I've found a series of nested functions to pull the information out but I'm having a peculiar problem.

I'm pulling all the data just fine, but I need to drag down for a larger number of rows so in the future as we continue to fill our trade history, data appears in my secondary table. But, I'm getting errors because there are less number of trades than rows I'm dragging down. Naturally I tried IFERROR, but for some reason when I press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, it enters, but it does NOT apply the changes.

Here is the equation I'm using:
=INDEX('Transaction History'!D$3:D$1000,SMALL(IF('Transaction History'!$C$3:$C$1000=$B$1,ROW('Transaction History'!D$3:D$1000)-ROW('Transaction History'!D$3)+1),ROWS('Transaction History'!D$3:'Transaction History'!D3)))

And this is what I would like to apply:
=IFERROR(=INDEX('Transaction History'!D$3:D$1000,SMALL(IF('Transaction History'!$C$3:$C$1000=$B$1,ROW('Transaction History'!D$3:D$1000)-ROW('Transaction History'!D$3)+1),ROWS('Transaction History'!D$3:'Transaction History'!D3))),"")

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Quick correction. What I'm attempting to apply is this (I didn't leave that = before Index...)

=IFERROR(INDEX('Transaction History'!D$3:D$1000,SMALL(IF('Transaction History'!$C$3:$C$1000=$B$1,ROW('Transaction History'!D$3:D$1000)-ROW('Transaction History'!D$3)+1),ROWS('Transaction History'!D$3:'Transaction History'!D3))),"")

Upvote 0
wA9MthCgaNF0NPzY2
Thanks for the prompt reply,

Heres a link to a quick image of the data and output table. It would be A14 of "Stock Template"

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1aIr4ORdQAhS2YFw2

Upvote 0
I've resolved the issue.

It appears it was a problem with my page. It would simply not update the formula even after doing Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Even after deleting the cell and putting it in, the formula would only be considered as an array WITHOUT the Iferror function.

I simply created a new worksheet, PASTED the complete equation into the same cell, Ctrl+Shift+Enter, and it worked. I then just copy/pasted the rest of my data onto this new worksheet and voila.

I still have no idea why it wasn't working, but this resolved it.

Upvote 0
In A14 of Stock Template, control+shift+enter, not just enter, and copy down:

=IFERROR(INDEX('Transaction History'!D$3:D$1000,SMALL(IF('Transaction History'!$C$3:$C$1000=$B$1,ROW('Transaction History'!D$3:D$1000)-ROW('Transaction History'!D$3)+1),ROWS($A$14:A14))),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr_ordinaryboy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back