Importing Data From Excel

Chris14

Found you guys searching around a bit for some help...

I'm trying to import a numbered list of data in Access 2007. The numbers correspond to several other fields of data. The numbers start at 1 and continue from there. Every time I import the list, if Access assigns a primary key, it mixes up the order of the records relative to the primary key. I tried everything I could think of to get this list of records imported in the right order with a primary key assigned, but failed every time. I tried both using the numbered column as the primary key, as well as letting Access assign a primary key, and both times the records imported out of order. It's also important the the primary key be an autonumber field for other purposes of this database. Granted, I'm not that experienced with Access, so I'm fighting my way through this.

Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing and a solution for it? It's really frustrating.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back