Importing Data - very new access user

bankerlady

Board Regular
I am a very new access user but have created a table by importing data from excel. I used the same excel spreadsheet with same column headings to add a new months data and saved that excel sheet with a new name. (I have one sheet titled August 2006, and a separate sheet titled September 2006. I have Sept data in the table in access, it is the August data that I want to add) Now when I go to get external data and import, from excel, locate my sheet, the wizard opens...and I get a message saying that it did import my data. BUT when I open the table in access (expecting to see two months worth of data), it just isn't there.....so what am I missing here ??????
Thanks

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
To isolate the problem:

Save your August2006 sheet to a seperate Excel spreadsheet.
Try the Import process in Access using this new spreadsheet.

Normally, you shouldn't have to do this, but you need to start trouble-shooting somewhere.

You have two options within Access when importing. Import to a seperate table and import to an existing table. If you are trying to import to an existing table, try importing to a new table. Access should create a new Aug06 table. If this works, compare the two tables to ensure they are both the same.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back