Including specific excel data into an automated Outlook Email

taj002

Hello,

I have been trying to set up an automated email system based on expiration dates of research supplies. I have set up a code in VBA that can send out an email to the appropriate employees based upon when the supplies have expired. I would now like to include specific cell data from excel in the email. For example, I would like the email to read "Hello replace_name_here! This is a reminder that there are replace_kit_quantity_here kits in the study, replace_study_name_here (replace_kit_type_here) that are expiring on replace_expiration_date_here. Be sure to arrange any necessary reordering that you need to. I will be pulling the boxes from the shelf and destroying them upon expiration. Please let me know of any concerns. Thanks!"

The excel data is in the following columns:

name - ("H")
kit_quantity - ("D")
kit_type - ("C")
study_name- ("A")
expiration_date - ("E")

The code that I have set up is below. I just need to link up the necessary spots in the body of the message with the corresponding excel data. If anyone can help me write a code for it, I would appreciate it!

Sub SendReminderMail()
Dim OutLookApp As Object
Dim OutLookMailItem As Object
Dim iCounter As Integer
Dim MailDest As String

Set OutLookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Set OutLookMailItem = OutLookApp.CreateItem(0)

With OutLookMailItem
MailDest = ""
For iCounter = 1 To WorksheetFunction.CountA(Columns(7))
If MailDest = “” And Cells(iCounter, 7).Offset(0, -1) = "EXPIRING OR EXPIRED" Then
MailDest = Cells(iCounter, 7).Value
ElseIf MailDest <> "" And Cells(iCounter, 7).Offset(0, -1) = "EXPIRING OR EXPIRED" Then
MailDest = MailDest & ";" & Cells(iCounter, 7).Value
End If
Next iCounter

.BCC = MailDest
.Subject = "Expiring Kits"
.Body = "Hello replace_name_here! This is just a reminder that there are some kits that are about to expire in your study. Be sure to arrange any necessary reordering that you need to. I will be pulling the boxes from the shelf and destroying them upon expiration. Please let me know of any concerns. Thanks! Trent"
.Send
End With

Set OutLookMailItem = Nothing
Set OutLookApp = Nothing
End Sub

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!

Rijnsent

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Taj,
check out the Replace function in VBA. E.g.:
Code:
Dim BodyTxt as String
BodyTxt = ""Hello replace_name_here! This is a reminder that there are replace_kit_quantity_here kits in the study."
BodyTxt = Replace(BodyTxt , "replace_name_here", "Leo")
BodyTxt = Replace(BodyTxt , "replace_kit_quantity_here", Cells(iCounter, 23).Value)

'And later on:
.Body = BodyTxt
More help here: https://www.techonthenet.com/excel/formulas/replace_vba.php
Cheers,
Koen

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmfacc

This Week's Hot Topics