Independent Drop Down List

Pontoz

Dears

i need your assistance in the following :

I have a list of employees, their IDs, grades and job titles. For each job tile there are certain Competencies related to it and for each competency it has certain courses related to it. i created a sheet with ID drop down list and whenever you choose an ID, his or her related information will come ( Employee Name, Grade , Job ) i used the Vloopup Function. Now the challenge is that I need a drop down list in the Competency area which shows only competency related to the reflected job title and the same for the Course name which will be dependent on the Competency. Appreciate your support

IDEmployee NameGradeJobCompetencyCourse related
173Richie Blank EAssistant Manager - Talent ManagementDrafting SkillsLegal Wiring
173Richie Blank EAssistant Manager - Talent ManagementManaging ResourcesRecruitment Skills
173Richie Blank EAssistant Manager - Talent ManagementTeamwork and Team LeadershipAct as a team
113Maybelle Bardin EAssistant Manager - TrainingEmpowering OthersHow to Delegate
113Maybelle Bardin EAssistant Manager - TrainingManaging ChangeMaster Change
113Maybelle Bardin EAssistant Manager - TrainingManaging PerformancePerformance Excel
118Heriberto Tinsley FManager - Talent ManagementAttention to CommunicationCommunication Skills
118Heriberto Tinsley FManager - Talent ManagementOral CommunicationCommunication Skills
118Heriberto Tinsley FManager - Talent ManagementWritten CommunicationCommunication Skills
79Tyesha Spiker FManager - TrainingAchievement FocusEmotional Intelligence
79Tyesha Spiker FManager - TrainingAnalytical ThinkingAnalytical Thinking & Creative Problem Solving
79Tyesha Spiker FManager - TrainingDrafting SkillsLegal Wiring
135Felisha Brent FManager - TrainingDiagnostic Information GatheringForcasting Techniques
135Felisha Brent FManager - TrainingInfluencing OthersMaster your team
135Felisha Brent FManager - TrainingInterpersonal AwarenessInterpersonal Skills
90Elsa Scheurer COfficer - Competency ProfilingDrafting SkillsLegal Wiring
90Elsa Scheurer COfficer - Competency ProfilingFlexible ThinkingMaster Change
90Elsa Scheurer COfficer - Competency ProfilingInfluencingMaster your team
103Lisbeth Dano COfficer - Competency ProfilingDeveloping TalentMotivation & Leadership
103Lisbeth Dano COfficer - Competency ProfilingNegotiatingArt of Persuasion
103Lisbeth Dano COfficer - Competency ProfilingTeamwork and Team LeadershipAct as a team
99Dorene Stockdale COfficer - TrainingNegotiatingArt of Persuasion
99Dorene Stockdale COfficer - TrainingOrganisational KnowledgeOD Design
99Dorene Stockdale COfficer - TrainingStrategic ThinkingStrategic Thinking & creative Problem Solving
145Janise Westfall COfficer - TrainingAchievement FocusEmotional Intelligence
145Janise Westfall COfficer - TrainingAnalytical ThinkingAnalytical Thinking & Creative Problem Solving
145Janise Westfall COfficer - TrainingForward ThinkingMaster Change
84Shane Primavera DSenior Officer - TrainingFlexible ThinkingMaster Change
84Shane Primavera DSenior Officer - TrainingManaging ResourcesRecruitment Skills
84Shane Primavera DSenior Officer - TrainingTeamwork and Team LeadershipAct as a team
108Sofia Silver DSenior Officer - TrainingDeveloping TalentMotivation & Leadership
108Sofia Silver DSenior Officer - TrainingFostering TeamworkAct as a team
108Sofia Silver DSenior Officer - TrainingProviding Motivational SupportMotivation & Leadership
88Brianna Shoultz HVP - Head of Learning & DevelopmentAnalytical ThinkingAnalytical Thinking & Creative Problem Solving
88Brianna Shoultz HVP - Head of Learning & DevelopmentClient FocusCustomer First
88Brianna Shoultz HVP - Head of Learning & DevelopmentInfluencingMaster your team

<colgroup><col><col><col><col span="2"><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Custom-Filter.gif

Reference Link : https://trumpexcel.com/extract-data-from-drop-down-list/

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot dear, i checked the file, however I'm not that expert in excel so i couldn't make it out. Aren't there any formula without the helper section cause i have more than 270,000 records in my database.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
el_gazar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back