Index find next no match

Bonkers Bill

Hi every one, i am trying to index a list 'Got Upload'!A$1:A$1325, find the 1st one that is not in another list Remix!K$2:K$795, drag this down so it finds the 2nd, 3rd and so on
=index('Got Upload'!A$1:A$1325(nomatch(Remix!K$2:K$795,'Got Upload'!A$1:A$1325),0)
I know this formula is total rubbish but i dont know where to start, these are the ranges, any help would be great.
Today i will mostly be sailing down our street

Thanks facethegod that works great, there is another bit to this if you could help, the formula returns more than one result that is the same eg if there are 3 D0001 it returns 3, i would like the formula to only return 1 of each, no duplicates, do you know how to do this. Cheers
Today I will set sail to find land after the floods!

Got Upload
Bonkers Bill.xls
ABCD
1Got
2D001
3D002
4D003
5D004
6D005
7D006
8D003
9D005
Got Upload

Remix
Bonkers Bill.xls
JKLM
1Remix
2D001
3D002
4D004
5D006
6D007
7D008
Remix

Results
Bonkers Bill.xls
ABCD
2ListD-List
3D003D003
4D005D005
5D003 
6D005
Results

A1:

Control+shift+enter...

=SUM(IF('Got Upload'!A2:A9<>"",IF(ISNA(MATCH('Got Upload'!A2:A9,Remix!K2:K7,0)),1)))

A3:

Control+shift+enter...

=IF(ROWS($A$3:A3)<=$A$1,INDEX('Got Upload'!$A$2:$A$9,SMALL(IF(ISNA(MATCH('Got Upload'!$A$2:$A$9,Remix!$K$2:$K$7,0)),ROW('Got Upload'!$A$2:$A$9)-ROW('Got Upload'!$A$2)+1),ROWS($A$3:A3))),"")

then copy down.

Define List as referring to:

=OFFSET(Results!$A$3,0,0,Results!$A$1)

B1:

Control+shift+enter...

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(MATCH("~"&List,List&"",0),ROW(List)-ROW(A3)+1),1))

B3:

Control+shift+enter...

=IF(ROWS($B$3:B3)<=$B$1,INDEX(List,SMALL(IF(FREQUENCY(MATCH("~"&List,List,0),ROW(List)-ROW($A$3)+1),ROW(List)-ROW($A$3)+1),ROWS($B$3:B3))),"")

then copy down.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Hi Aladin, thanks for your reply. i tried to do above but unsure about some of it. i put the offset formula in the column i want the search results and got value, i copied the results page and got name in B1 and B3 to B1325, the remix column is K2:K795, do you know where i have gone wrong, define list as refering to i do not understand and not sure where this goes.

Upvote 0
Hi Aladin, thanks for your reply. i tried to do above but unsure about some of it. i put the offset formula in the column i want the search results and got value, i copied the results page and got name in B1 and B3 to B1325, the remix column is K2:K795, do you know where i have gone wrong, define list as refering to i do not understand and not sure where this goes.

The Offset formula defines List as a named range and goes in Insert|Name|Define. Note that the formula points to references in a sheet with Results as name. You need to adjust that to yours.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back