index/match 3 possible forth criteria

KDS14589

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All

I had problem adding a fourth criteria, but with the help from a Mr Excel moderator In cell Avoid!BL18 I came up with:

Rich (BB code):
=IFERROR(INDEX(statement_name,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(statement_name)-ROW(Statement!$AA$10)+1)/(statement_Bal_this_month>$BM$15)/(statement_Bal_this_month<=$BM$16)/(statement_min_due>0)/(statement_name=Avoid_name_1),ROWS(Avoid!$BL$18:BL18))),"")

it's the (statement_name=Avoid_name) part.

Now I've added a wrinkle by now wishing to add two more names to that criterion.

This is my last attempt:

Rich (BB code):
=IFERROR(INDEX(statement_name,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(statement_name)-ROW(Statement!$AA$10)+1)/(statement_Bal_this_month>$BM$15)/(statement_Bal_this_month<$BM$16)/(statement_min_due>0)/(OR(statement_name=avoid_name1,statement_name=avoid_name2,statement_name=avoid_name3)),ROWS(Avoid!$BL$18:BL18))),"")

But now it lists all the names in the list and not just the three. Hopefully this is possible, but if not or this is to involved, I'll just stick with the original.

Help would be nice.

Attachments

• Mr. Excel 7.7.21    .png
    Mr. Excel 7.7.21 .png
    53 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
You can't use the OR function as part of an array, it will return TRUE to every record in the array if any one record is actually TRUE. To create an OR array, you need to add the individual elements together then check if the result of the added elements is greater than 0 as shown below.
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(statement_name,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(statement_name)-MIN(ROW(statement_name)+1)/(statement_Bal_this_month>$BM$15)/(statement_Bal_this_month<$BM$16)/(statement_min_due>0)/(((statement_name=avoid_name1)+(statement_name=avoid_name2)+(statement_name=avoid_name3))>0),ROWS(Avoid!$BL$18:BL18))),"")

Upvote 0
Solution
You can't use the OR function as part of an array, it will return TRUE to every record in the array if any one record is actually TRUE. To create an OR array, you need to add the individual elements together then check if the result of the added elements is greater than 0 as shown below.
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(statement_name,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(statement_name)-MIN(ROW(statement_name)+1)/(statement_Bal_this_month>$BM$15)/(statement_Bal_this_month<$BM$16)/(statement_min_due>0)/(((statement_name=avoid_name1)+(statement_name=avoid_name2)+(statement_name=avoid_name3))>0),ROWS(Avoid!$BL$18:BL18))),"")
I had to add a third ) after (statement_name=avoid_name3)) to stop the formula error but after that I still get a blank list instead of the three

Upvote 0
The missing one was actually after the +1 earlier in the formula, I forgot to add the closing bracket for the MIN function. This should work correctly.
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(statement_name,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(statement_name)-MIN(ROW(statement_name)+1))/(statement_Bal_this_month>$BM$15)/(statement_Bal_this_month<$BM$16)/(statement_min_due>0)/(((statement_name=avoid_name1)+(statement_name=avoid_name2)+(statement_name=avoid_name3))>0),ROWS(Avoid!$BL$18:BL18))),"")

Upvote 0
Excel Formula:
I went back to your formula but for some reason I had to replace the avoid_name1w with the Excel version NOW IT WORKS
Sorry about the other reply about addding a)
THANKS FOR THE HELP

Upvote 0
for some reason I had to replace the avoid_name1w with the Excel
Not exactly sure what happened there, I just used the names from the old formula. Did you see my earlier reply about the missing ) ? There was one missing, if you have added it where you mentioned then you might still get some incorrect results. The missing one was in a different part of the formula.

Upvote 0
Not exactly sure what happened there, I just used the names from the old formula. Did you see my earlier reply about the missing ) ? There was one missing, if you have added it where you mentioned then you might still get some incorrect results. The missing one was in a different part of the formula.
You'er correct. The farther I went I finally would see mistakes i copied your formula and made some corrections. The avoid_name1, avoid_name2, avoid_name3 were actuallly avoid_name_1, avoid_name_2, avoid _name_3, but I'm still getting mistakes
my code i'm using is
Rich (BB code):
=IFERROR(INDEX(statement_name,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW(statement_name)-MIN(ROW(statement_name)+1))/(statement_Bal_this_month>$BM$15)/(statement_Bal_this_month<$BM$16)/(statement_min_due>0)/(((statement_name=Avoid_name_1)+(statement_name=avoid_name_2)+(statement_name=avoid_name_3))>0),ROWS(Avoid!$BL$18:BL18))),"")
you can see from the pix I only get 2 names but the wrong ones

Upvote 0
From your last reply I'm assuming that you tried to attach some additional screen captures but i don't see them in your post.

Upvote 0
again Sorry
I just now noticed the there pix was to large so I reworked a new one

Attachments

• Mr Excel 7.10.21   .png
    Mr Excel 7.10.21 .png
    61.5 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back