INDIRECT.ext Problems

iamphil26

Board Regular
Hey guys,

I'm trying to use INDIRECT.EXT to reference a cell in another workbook. However, I keep getting a #REF! error.

In cell L2: '\\IN-ACCOUNTING1\Accounting\EOP_workpapers\Books\AAL\2012\04\[CN3008R_CGS.csv]CN3008R_CGS'!F9

L2 is a concatenation as follows:

=CONCATENATE("'",Sheet2!$J$5,Sheet2!$F$14,"\",Sheet2!$F$13,"\","[","CN3008R_",K2,".csv","]","CN3008R_",K2,"'","!","F9")

Where...

Sheet2!$J$5 =""&"\\IN-ACCOUNTING1\Accounting\EOP_workpapers\Books\AAL\"

Sheet2!$F$14 =""&D7 (D7 =2012)

Sheet2!$F$13 =""&"0"&D6 (D6 =4)

and where K2 =CGS

In cell H2, I've entered: =INDIRECT.EXT(L2)

Now, I still get a reference error. I've double check the file path, by simply referencing the cell i want in the cell L1. L1 shows the correct number and when the referenced workbook is closed, its file path reads:

='\\IN-ACCOUNTING1\Accounting\EOP_workpapers\Books\AAL\2012\04\[CN3008R_CGS.csv]CN3008R_CGS'!$F$9

I've double checked for trailing spaces and I've tried changing the name of the worksheet to see if it would make any difference. So far, nothing has worked.

Can you guys help me see what I'm doing wrong here. I feel like I need a few pairs of fresh eyes on this. Thanks for all your help, guys.

Phil

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Additional Info:

I did also try completely turning off the MoreFunc add-in and turning it back on.

I'm also pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the add-in because I did almost the exact same thing two days ago. I've gone back and looked at those formulas and they're still working fine.

Upvote 0
Double additional info:

I just opened the reference file and all of a sudden, my INDIRECT.EXT formula worked. I closed the reference file and i got the #REF! error again. Any easy way to solve when MoreFunc does this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back