Injecting different data into cells with HTML across large spreadsheet

JS7319

Hi All,

I've spent a few hours collating some data for a project, but now that I about half way to go, I've hit a wall.

I have medium to large sized spreadsheet of about 500 rows, each containing product information where each row represents a separate product. There is the basic information like, title, image URL, main description, bullet point description (1,2,3 etc) as columns.

The data in this sheet needs to be entered into a website page - I already have prepared the bare bones of the HTML template, all that's left to fill in is the product information in its respective positions in the template.

Of course, copying and pasting each piece of information into the template will take weeks and I've thought of a few ideas, but hit a wall when I remind myself the data will be unique for each template!

The HTML code will also be in a cell in a spreadsheet so it's all within Excel.

I initially thought about using the Find and Replace function: I would add some characters amongst the HTML code, search for it, and the replace it with the required info. This doesn't work too well because there would be too much clicking about (selecting the title, description etc in pasting it into the Replace With box each time).

Can I devise a faster streamlined method?

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Yes. Numerous different ways to handle it, from VBA to formulas. Also depends on how and where you want the output.

One way is simple text operations, if you just want the output in cells next to the column.

="html code>"&A2&"more html code"&B2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The output can be saved in the same spreadsheet - I can always copy across the final cell with the complete HTML to its own spreadsheet.

How will I implement that formula if there are multiple pieces of information (from different cells) to be inserted into the one cell with the HTML?

Upvote 0
I have used the formula you suggested, but there is a problem. Although the formula generates the output correctly (in principle), I can't actually copy the output because all that is registered in the cell is the formula? Unless I don't know how to copy it via another method.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwdbActuary

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back