insert a Sum formula then loop down a column

jessecantrell

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Looking to loop a sum formula down column "F". Column D will be blank but column E will have values in it. I then want to input values into column d, to reflect the value in D + E.

Attachments

• sum formula vba.png
    sum formula vba.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 6

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Hi, welcome to Mr excel and happy new year!

Note XL2BB:
It would help greatly if you could give us the sample data in a form that we can copy to test with, rather that a picture.
MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in
Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Note Example:
In your example, in addition to the explanation, you must manually enter the expected results.

Upvote 0
I am currently on my work laptop. When I get home I will download and use that. I cannot download that on my work computer.

Upvote 0
Then put a complete image with the results you need and an explanation of how you arrive at those results.

;)

Upvote 0
So this is a payroll invoice that I compile for my HR department and the contractor origination my company uses. Sometimes we miss hours and we retro pay on the next statement. These values are never consistent and will be put in column "D" starting in row 7. In fow "E" (Week " " paid hours. is pulled from our labor tracking system that we use; this part is correct. I copy it and several other columns in with VBA. In column "F" is the total hours. I would like to have a formula in that collum that will sum "d7" and "e7" into "f7" then sum "d8" and "E8" into "F8" and so on. Like I was saying earlier the Retro hours column (D) are not every week and person specific. Usually just a handful. So I would like to enter those in on this sheet manually and it sum it collumn "F". I would also like it to sum the values into column f even if there is a 0 in column d. Please excuse the formatting. I will write that into the code at a later time.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-03 104548.png updateee.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-03 104548.png updateee.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0
Then put a complete image with the results you need and an explanation of how you arrive at those results.

;)
So this is a payroll invoice that I compile for my HR department and the contractor origination my company uses. Sometimes we miss hours and we retro pay on the next statement. These values are never consistent and will be put in column "D" starting in row 7. In fow "E" (Week " " paid hours. is pulled from our labor tracking system that we use; this part is correct. I copy it and several other columns in with VBA. In column "F" is the total hours. I would like to have a formula in that collum that will sum "d7" and "e7" into "f7" then sum "d8" and "E8" into "F8" and so on. Like I was saying earlier the Retro hours column (D) are not every week and person specific. Usually just a handful. So I would like to enter those in on this sheet manually and it sum it collumn "F". I would also like it to sum the values into column f even if there is a 0 in column d. Please excuse the formatting. I will write that into the code at a later time.

First picture is destination. Second picture is the source.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-03 104548.png updateee.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-03 104548.png updateee.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 2
  • data source.png
    data source.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back