Insert row, copy formulas, insert and rename sheet with macro or script

Colonel

It's a long time (15+ years) since I had to do any VBA so I've forgotten whatever I knew (although I probably couldn't have done this back then either!). Looks like macros have been replaced by scripts?

I'm trying to automate a workbook for managing change requests. I have three tabs in a "clean" workbook (there's a workbook for each project).
Tab 1 is for obtaining a change number. I'm creating the change number with a formula which is stored in a hidden row named LOG_BLANK
Tab 2 is a summary sheet which retrieves details from each change sheet. I have formulae to retrieve these details in hidden row named SUMMARY_BLANK
Tab 3 is a template change sheet (this will be hidden)

What I'm trying to do is;
  1. In the log sheet, insert a row above LOG_BLANK and copy the contents of LOG_BLANK into the new row. This will give a new change number via the copied formula. The change number is in the format nnn-nnn. There are other formulae in this row which is why I need to copy the row rather than just a cell.
  2. In the summary sheet, insert a row above SUMMARY_BLANK and copy the contents of SUMMARY_BLANK into the new row
  3. Copy the template change sheet tab to a new tab and rename the tab with the nnn-nnn change number created via the formula in the log sheet
As always, any help would be very much appreciated

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back