Help with formula

twilliamsli

Background: All in the same workbook - different tabs. the formula will return on the 'Proforma' tab row 185

I want to use a number from the input tab in a specific cell - match that number in row 13 on the proforma tab in the same column that the match is found - put the number there from 'Funding Sheet' B59

Inputs
tab 'Input Page' c136 (this is a number 60)
tab 'Proforma' row 13 (I13:EG13) - this is a row of numbers 1-120 [blank space every 12 - may not be relevant just trying to be detailed]
tab 'Funding Sheet' B59 (will not change)

Scenario - (anything in ( ) is not part of the formula just info) The formula should look at the number on 'Input Page' c136, (60), and match that to a number on 'Proforma' row 13 (I13:EG13) (find 60) - which is in cell BT13) It should then return the number from tab 'Funding Sheet' B59 ($11,008,845.00) into Cell BT185 on the 'Proforma' tab

I am using - but get a REf error - When I remove the first array and limit it to B59 - I get NA error

=INDEX('Funding Sheet'!$B$59:$ZZ$59,1,MATCH('Input Page'!C136,'Proforma'!$B$13:$ZZ$13,0))

Any help is greatly appreciated !!!

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
You seem to have a pretty complex question and the prose description can lead to errors by forum in building your scenario before they can even start trying to create a solution.

Please use the xl2bb add in (link below) to post mini worksheet from each of the work books. Please sanitize your data as appropriate. And you probably only need 10 to 15 rows, but ensure that look up targets are all matched.

If you cannot use the add in, then please post your data as tables, and be sure to label all columns and rows (letter & number) and provide formulas.

the more time the forum is building the scenario the less time they are working on a solution. Please help the forum help you.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Sample info - I could not load the xk2bb so I am using snip it - it would not find the add-in when I downloaded it. - i would use the tool if i could get it installed.

Scenario - (anything in ( ) is not part of the formula just info) The formula should look at the number on 'Input Page' c136, (60), and match that to a number on 'Proforma' row 13 (I13:EG13) (find 60) - which is in cell BT13) It should then return the number from tab 'Funding Sheet' B59 ($11,008,845.00) into Cell BT185 on the 'Proforma' tab

this is the - tab 'Input Page' c136 (this is a number 60)

1706036118043.png

tab 'Funding Sheet' B59 - FYI CBD are merged to create b59 - could this casuse the error

1706036573997.png

this is the - tab 'Proforma' row 13 (I13:EG13
1706036251319.png

this is the - tab 'Proforma' row 185 - where the formul is and should return the number

1706036381207.png

Upvote 0
sorry you couldn't use the xl2bb. there is a help section on that as well, please see the link below

but I did ask:

If you cannot use the add in, then please post your data as tables, and be sure to label all columns and rows (letter & number) and provide formulas.

And you pasted images. not a table. I don't think i'm going to type all those things in manually. Please help the forum help you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back