Inserted rows in master work sheet do not show up in other worksheets?

sourcednow

I have a workbook that has 146 tabs across the bottom. Tab 1 is my "Master" worksheet that I do most of my input on. Tabs 2-5 have the same data in columns A, B and C as the Master's Column's A,B, and C. It is imperative that I keep the data in Tabs 2-5 the same as the Master. Tabs 6-146 all refer back to master and i do not want rows insert in those tabs.

On Tabs 2-5 I have referenced the cells in columns A,B, and C to the Master Cells is Column A, B, C. In other words (Tab 2-5) A1='master'!$a1 and so on...

The problem is that when I insert a row into the Master it does not automatically insert it into tabs 2-5.

How do I overcome this so that when I insert a row into the master I have the same row count in 2-5?

Please also note that in Tabs 2-5/Column A,B, and C the data is referenced to the Master Column A,B,and C and is therefore the same. However, in tabs 2-5 all columns past C (D-AA) the data is different. But I still want a row inserted there when I insert one in the Master so that I see that I need to update other cells there.

As of now I need to go to each one of these 5 tabs individually and ad the row manually and it is getting to be a pain in the rear.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Welcome to the Board.

Click the tab of the Master sheet then hold down Shift and click the tab of sheet 5. This will Group the sheets (see the caption at the top) and anything you do will apply to all the sheets. Don't forget to ungroup when done by clicking the tab of any ungrouped sheet.

Upvote 0
Andrew, thanks for the answer. However when I do this and then go to insert a row there the insert option is grayed out in my current workbook.

I did try it on test sheet and it worked. So I think that it has something to do with the worksheet I am using.

I appreciate it if you can help my on that.

Upvote 0
I just noticed one thing...I have Formatted tables in Tabs 1-5

When I group them and try to insert a line off of the formatted tables it works....but it is grayed out when I try to insert into the table.

Is there a way that I can insert rows into multiple sheets that have formatted tables? I really want to keep these tables.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Yes I am...

I took the table format out of them and it worked....but like I said i would prefer to keep them in there....it is so much easier to look at.

Upvote 0
They are rather wide already....for ease of use I have split them recently...Hence my problem that I discovered today....I am already up to column CY on Master and the others are almost as big....in total the workbook is 7 meg...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back