inserting a picture in a cell with text

Moiaussi

Hello,
I am kind of new at excel, i just know the basics.
I'd like to do a couple things I've seen done. I checked some posts but can't find the answer I need. I probably need a vb code.
I am trying to find out how to insert a picture in a cell that has a drop down menu to chose from. the menu adds text to the cell but I would like to add the picture under the text and for the cell to resize automatically to accommodate the picture. Pics are from a file on the hard drive (same size every time).

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Thanks for your answer. it is not quiet what I need and I don't know how to adapt it to my needs.
I use the spread sheet for a report. The cell with a drop down has a validation function with the list on an other spread sheet.
2 things I would lie to be able to do. 1) is pick more than one item in the list that would show in the cell, and 2) add a picture (from a file on the hard drive) right below the items I picked but in the same cell. I am re-using the same report with different picture every day. btw, I'm using 2003 version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back