Inventory with Excel is it possible

ArbiterWolf

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I work for a place that prints and mails bills to customers for our clients. I need to keep track of envelopes and invoice paper used/sent out and what we receive.

What I have in mind might not be possible but I'm new to excel and unfamiliar with VBA so I do not know its full potential uses.

Right now I have a Excel workbook that we are using to keep track of different sorts( includes #9 envelopes, inserts, multipage, ect.) using page numbers and the total qty of everything. Thing is we open a fresh work book every time multiple times a day and do a "save as" when we are finished and save it in a folder system by month and date.

Is there a way to automate some sort of export or somehow extract the data from the multiple excel files to create a rolling count of used supplies? Could we possibly export the data to another excel file before we save it and close it? Any ideas? Would like the process to be somewhat automated if possible. I know a easy long way would be to copy and paste totals into a separate workbook to generate a rolling count of what's used but that's what I'm trying to stray away from but might revert to if there's no easier way.

Thanks in advance. Just want to pick at some more knowledgeable excel brains out there lol.

Capture.PNG

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back