invitation to become a member of DRAFT

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
It's getting there, yeah. :)

Oooh, idea. I *do* have the ability to set titles for users. They're oh so easy to change... :devilish: ;)

Well, Oorang, you see it's like this -- I've already got the unofficial title of Understudy of the Junior Grand Pooba. So we could make you Assistant to the Understudy of the Junior Grand Pooba. But then the accusations of favoritism are gonna fly. Some folks are going to cry and whine about getting "passed over based on seniority" even though they are much less qualified than yourself. So then the EEOC is gonna get involved and there'll be an investigation and Mr.Excel's name will get drug through the tabloids... And all 'cause you wanted a friggin' title. So, I'm sorry. Now, please pipe down and get back to work; there are approximately 13,824 unanswered posts as of 3:06 CDT.

Regards,

Greg
Understudy of the Junior Grand Pooba

PS (nice pic!)

Well, Oorang, you see it's like this -- I've already got the unofficial title of Understudy of the Junior Grand Pooba. So we could make you Assistant to the Understudy of the Junior Grand Pooba. But then the accusations of favoritism are gonna fly. Some folks are going to cry and whine about getting "passed over based on seniority" even though they are much less qualified than yourself. So then the EEOC is gonna get involved and there'll be an investigation and Mr.Excel's name will get drug through the tabloids... And all 'cause you wanted a friggin' title. So, I'm sorry. Now, please pipe down and get back to work; there are approximately 13,824 unanswered posts as of 3:06 CDT.

Regards,

Greg
Understudy of the Junior Grand Pooba

PS (nice pic!)

Do you think anyone would get upset if I were assigned the title Ye Olde Newbie?

Yes but could anyone complain if I was given the title of "Dispenser of Questionable Spelling?"

Do you think anyone would get upset if I were assigned the title Ye Olde Newbie?
-hatman
Yes but could anyone complain if I was given the title of "Dispenser of Questionable Spelling?"
-Oorang

Hmmm, we'll take it up at the next meeting of the "Committee for the Assignment of Questionable Honorifics" which takes place on the sixth Monday of every month. Although, Oorang, I must warn you that for quite a number of years, JIUK's had a hammerlock on the title you seek. However, of late his grammar and spelling have shown some alarming improvements and some of his recent prose is dangerously close to error-free. So you might just have a shot.

Ooohhh, Ginger, now you've gone and done it! Erik's like an old blood hound once he gets the scent. Might as well just dig up a digipic and make an avatar so he'll rest easy.

Erik, in case you're wondering, yes, that was a compliment. Means you stay "on task" and don't get easily sidetracked (despite my best efforts!) :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greggy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back