Is it possible to have excel automatically put rows of data below specific cells?

iuseexcelatwork

I have to keep an excel sheet updated with work related data. For example I have to type a code, lets say 123, into the cell 1B. If I type that code into 1B, then the cells below the code have to always have an orange background and certain numbers in them. Can I somehow automate this? Just like in the example below, whenever I type 123 I want the cells beneath 123 to look as in the example. There are hundreds of similar code batches. I type 3421 and beneath 3421 will always be certain batch of codes. Is that possible? I apologize if my explanation is in un-adequate.

m
n
t
b

<tbody>
</tbody>

ABCDE
2watermelona4pcs
3chickenb5pcs
4orangec6pcs

<tbody>
</tbody>

Like this?

Thanks, I think I could get somewhere with that information. Going to spend some time researching what is vba and how to transfer data, lol . I'll ask for help again if I haven't managed to do it by Monday. I'd appreciate it if you could point me to some relevant tutorials.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
ABCDE
2watermelona4pcs
3chickenb5pcs
4orangec6pcs

<tbody>
</tbody>

Like this?

Thanks, I think I could get somewhere with that information. Going to spend some time researching what is vba and how to transfer data, lol . I'll ask for help again if I haven't managed to do it by Monday. I'd appreciate it if you could point me to some relevant tutorials.

iuseexcelatwork,

1. What is the worksheet name where you will be entering the 123 in column B?

2. Is there another worksheet that contains the 123, and, the supporting information for it, per the above quote, in columns C, D, and, E?

3. What is the worksheet name that contains the information that will be used to fill in the above screenshot in your above quote?

4. Can we have another screenshot, NOT a PNG screenshot, but, one like above in your quote, of the worksheet that contains the fill in data for columns C, D, and, E?

Upvote 0
iuseexcelatwork,

Can we have your actual workbook/worksheets for testing?

You can post your workbook/worksheets to the following free site (sensitive data changed), mark the workbook for sharing, and, provide us with a link to your workbook:

https://dropbox.com

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolasmith

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back