Is there a way to edit data source in pivot charts

Fanta0575

Am trying to edit data source in a pivot chart to append a calculated column (not part of the pivot chart), when I go to select sata source everything is greyed out and there is no apparent way to be able to add another field, is there a workaround to this, I get limited functionality when I try to add a calculated field

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
I don't know what is your office version, so it maybe a bit differents on your machine.
Select the Chart, then additional contextual ribbon tabs appear. Go to PivotChart Analyze > [Data] Change Data Source > Change Data Source ...

Upvote 0
I don't know what is your office version, so it maybe a bit differents on your machine.
Select the Chart, then additional contextual ribbon tabs appear. Go to PivotChart Analyze > [Data] Change Data Source > Change Data Source ...
Have the chart analysze tab appear on the desktop version but this does not help either, my 365 subscription does not have the analyse tab its the family version and it does not give me option to add it

Upvote 0
A pivot chart always, and only, uses the pivot table for its data. You cannot change that.

Upvote 0
A pivot chart always, and only, uses the pivot table for its data. You cannot change that.
After diplicating a pivot column Is there a way to uniquely use formula to manipulate data on a pivot column so that I could overlap the data series to be able to appear condionally format them

Upvote 0
After diplicating a pivot column Is there a way to uniquely use formula to manipulate data on a pivot column so that I could overlap the data series to be able to appear condionally format them
If it’s not part of the pivot table, it will not be part of the pivot chart.

Upvote 0
Yes bit by duplicating a column ie putting it twice into the values section on the pivot builder is there a way of manually changing the data with a formula ie like a calculated column

Upvote 0
Managed a workaround I inserted a calculated column and put a formula in. That way I was able to overlap the columns where I had red colour for minus figures and green colour for positive figures

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back