is there a way to make a pivot table show only negative values *in all fields* ?

bigdan

I have a pivot table where I'm trying to find all the losses. So I'm seeing all the values, where 80% are positive, but I only care about the negative ones. Is there a way to show only negative values? Please note, this isn't just in the grand total column - I want this in the entire grid.

For example

Province5km10km15km20km
Alberta$500-$30$200$100
BC-$20$1000$1000$1000
Ontario$400$400-$200$0

<tbody>
</tbody>

That's a lot of #s to go through. I only care about the negative ones, which is 3 out of 12. Is there a way to just show those?

Last edited:

DanteAmor

This may be an option.

- Select the cells inside the pivot table (all of values).
- On the Home tab, in the Number group, click More Number Formats at the bottom of the Number Format list (General). Or select Format, Format cells.
- In the Format Cells dialog box, under Category, click Custom.
- In the Type box type:
;-0;
- Press ok.

bigdan

Thanks!

With this solution I'm guessing this shows only negative values and the positive values show up as empty. What I actually wanted (and I apologize, I wasn't clear) would be for only the relevant rows to be shown. So in the example above I'd like the BC row to not be shown at all since nothing in there is negative.

Is there a way to do that?

EDIT - sorry, I see that BC actually does have a negative value. Let's imagine it doesn't. In that case I'd want that row to be hidden / filtered out.

Last edited:

DanteAmor

an idea: in an auxiliary column, put the formula if the min (of all the columns in that row) is> = 0, then 1, otherwise 0. add the auxiliary column to the pt and filter the 1.

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Get External Data (long shot question!)
    This is likely a long shot but I am wondering if it is at all possible for Excel to somehow 'change' the contents of a URL that is being linked to...
  • Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • Cell Formatting
    Good Morning, I need to format a few different cells in the following manners: A1 has to always add a colon (:) after whatever is typed in by a...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • Workbook_Change stopped working !
    I am working on an app to speed up & automate processing of Credit Cards statements. After data is input from a CSV file, it is presented to the...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...