Pivot Table Calculated Field on a specific value

purplefox

Hi, I'm not sure how to search for a solution to this problem but I'm hoping one of you good fellows on here can help.

I have a set of data where monthly new data is added as new rows into a table, one of the columns denotes the year of the data (there is month information too). I take this large data table and pivot it to show certain parameters and in doing this split the sales values by year adding the year column to the columns area of the pivot table fields selector. I've created a very simple example version as a picture attached.

So I have value columns Yrs 2020, 2021, 2022, but say 2022 is a YTD value showing 9 months, I want to calculate a new column to take 2022 value, divide by 9 and multiply by 12, within the pivot table. If I do this with calculated field using an if statement to only apply to 2022 I get a column for each year with non 2022 years showing zero values. is there a way to either

•apply the calculated field to only perform the calculation on the pivot column for 2022
•Or to hide the additional zero value columns without having to just hide the actual column?

many thanks in advance,

thanks

Andy

Attachments

• Pivot TAble Query example.PNG
    Pivot TAble Query example.PNG
    16.8 KB · Views: 40

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Ok, so I will now answer my own query, feel like it's quite simple, but not entirely intuitive.

The answer is calculated Item, of course it always seems greyed out and I didn't realise (or had forgotten) that to get to calculated item you need the to go the the menu option when a cell with either column or row "Item" is selected. I googled "Why is the calculated item greyed out".

Thanks Anyway

Andy

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgsrus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back