Is there any decent way, where i can amend and import data on an existing powerpivot table from multimple excel worksheet?

samihuq

Hi There,
My Question is "Is there any decent way, where i can amend and import data on an existing powerpivot table from multimple excel worksheet?"

Background: I have started a large project in PowerPivot and got stuck in one silly problem.

I have a a workbook with say about 36 worksheets [Eg Jan 2008, Feb 2008....Jan 2009, Feb 2009...Jan 2010...Dec 2010] each with same structure [10 Columns] containing 100,000 rows on each sheet.

Now i am trying to consolidate all of them and trying to import them in a PowerPivot table for yearly analysis but whenever i am trying to link each sheet it is creating a different linked table. How can i accommodate all of them in one single table? You know what i mean to say.

Yes, i know i can copy each sheet and then use the paste append one after another, but on that case if any of my source data changes then i will not be able to reflect it in the power pivot correctly.

I can copy all of them in a note pad and can import it but then again i will loose the flexibility of Excel for Changing data.

So is there any other decent way, where i can amend and import data on an existing power pivot table from multiple excel worksheet?

I really really look forward for this annoying problem.

Regards,
Sami

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back