isolating raw data used in pivot table

miconian

I have a large workbook with one worksheet for raw data, and many other worksheets, each containing one pivot table pulling from the same data.

Each pivot table is a bit different, as it relates to the business of a particular sales rep. These reports are 'eyes only,' i.e. each sales rep is only allowed to see their own data.

So then (with VBA), I convert each pivot table worksheet into a flat, single-worksheet document (basically, copying the pivot table, then pasting values and number formats), and then each sales rep gets their report and nothing else.

The problem is that I don't want to send the reps flat reports. I want to send them the pivot tables, so that if they don't like the way I arranged the data, they can mess around with it.

But how can I? It seems to me that I would have to break up the raw data into pieces and create a separate data sheet for each rep, from which would be made a pivot table for that rep. I'm sure there is a way to do that with code, but... is that really necessary? Is there a better way? Surely this is a relatively common problem.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using Excel 2007 on Windows XP, and so is everyone else.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr_ordinaryboy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back