Issue with "Zero" format cell - Need a option to format

harinsh

Hi Team,

I'm facing lot of issues with my "zero" value cells.... I have one protected master data sheet where will just copy and paste the values. I will work on another file where I will do lot of formatting and functions. The problem is whenever I copy paste the zero values for example '000000 it won't accept it because of start character '.

I used text or custom format option and its not helping because I can see Zeros 000000 in cell but same wont be visible in formula bar, it's still shows only one zero '0'. Note that if I do convert number my zeros will go off.

I want to see my zeros (ex. 000000) in formula bar without character ' and also it should be number format. Can anyone help me getting this format.

Thanks,

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
ok, my protected sheet accepts in that format only like 000000 should be in number format without character begins with '.

Upvote 0
So you need it in that format for data validation purposes?

My question is, why do you need 000000 at all, especially in a number format?

From my understanding it will never appear as 000000 in the formula bar, as 000000 is not a number! Where as 0 is.

If you absolutely have to have the format of 000000 why can't you change the validation to accept the text format of this?

I might be missing something, but I can't see any reason for needing this in number format, as it can't be used in calculations anyway (As it's zero)

Upvote 0
Thanks for your suggestion.

I might not given you the proper explanation so, Let me give you one example here.....

Example:
I will receive data which contains like below
A1
'0050010
'0000014
'0656487

So, I want all these in numbers the moment I convert the number it will be as below....

Output should be;

Even if I do text format by selecting entire column but that character ' will still remains. This is not number format and it will be in text format. My protected sheet won't accept the text format. Hope I explained correctly.

Thanks again.....

Upvote 0
Hi

The formula bar displays the value. If you have a number value of 500 that's what you'll see in the formula bar. That's how we, users, can know what's the value in the cell.

If you want to see a specific format you'll have to see it elsewhere, in a cell or in some control.

Upvote 0
How do I get my required output then? Plz help me to get those numbers in text format and data should be in the below format only....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k_bs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back