Issues relating to fetching external data from a website in Excel 2007

RK2511

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm using Excel 2007 on a Win 7 64-bit PC. I'm an options trader and hence use excel for option chain data analysis from the exchange website. Now the exchange is moving to a new website and shutting down the old website in a month. The new website has a system where it updates the data tables on the page itself without a change in the url. So the first issue is that of no unique url assigned to a particular table and i need at least two different set of data at the same time but they load on the same url on the new website. Secondly, when i tried the new website in EXCEL 2007, the page gets a lot of errors and the data table just doesn't load. I'm assuming that maybe its because of the dated office version that i'm using. The browser in excel 2007 might be unable to load certain new kind of websites. I have provided the links to both the websites and the tables i need to import to excel to analyse them. Both the websites have a EXPIRY DATE drop down menu that display their respective expiry's data. Please check that. Let me know how i can import the data from the new website in Excel and analyse that. Any sort of help is appreciated. And if need be i can update to newer versions of office. In that case please let me know which one's best suited for my needs. Thanks.

Old Website Option Chain & New Website Option Chain

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Welcome

Check the video below. If you feel it difficult to implement, the workbook can be purchased.

You will need Excel 2016 or higher.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back