Join Table Entry to Pivotable

therock003

Board Regular
I have made an excel workbook that is intended to be used as a lightweight CRM solution. I'll be brief with my setup and what i want

I got one tab functioning as an inventory table, where each row describes the inventory item's properties and then i got a second tab for a phonebook for suppliers.

The Second tab has a pretty basic structury with 3 columns. Name, Phone Type and Phone Number.

e.g

John The Supplier, Work Number, 555-555
Supplier Eric, Home Number, 555-556
Supplier Eric, Mobile Phone, 656-555

And i have consrquently created a pivot table so each name expands and collapses to reveal multiple numbers (in case ive stored work and mobile etc)

My request is that when i'm on the inventory table on the first tab, i need from there to be able to grab-redirect dont know to the number cell of the supplier.

So for example lets say inventory table entry is

pencil, red, available, Supplier Eric

I need to reach Supplier Erics contact information from the Pivotable on my Second Excel Tab in order to make a phone call.

I know you guys are going to say everything would be easier if you'd just use a database management system, but i mean cmon its a lightweight file, of 200 entries at best

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Have you simply tried to "point" at the pivot after typing "=". Then change the hardcoded supplier name, with the cell reference where you have the name filled out/selected.

Upvote 0
If only it were that easy. First off Pivotable changes from time to time when new suppliers are added or old ones removed. So if for example i use a reference like =A1 where A1 on the tab with pivotable is John the Supplier, maybe tomorrow Jim the Supplier is added, so the reference =A1 on the first table will give Jim the Supplier which is completely false

More over, even if i point to that cell and get the name, that doesnt do my lot of good. How will i click the plus icon to expand to the numbers from there..

Upvote 0
Book1
ABCDEFGHIJK
1SupplierPhoneTypesomething elseSupplierTypePhone
2John555-555work100Johnwork555-555
3Eric555-556Home150EricHome555-556
4Eric656-555Mobile780EricMobile656-555
10HomeWorkMobile
11Select a SupplierEric555-556#N/A656-555
12555-556 656-555
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
I11:K11I11=INDEX($I$2:$I$4,MATCH($H11&I$10,$G$2:$G$4&$H$2:$H$4,0))
I12:K12I12=IFERROR(INDEX($I$2:$I$4,AGGREGATE(15,6,(ROW($G$2:$G$4)-1)/(($G$2:$G$4=$H11)*($H$2:$H$4=I$10)),1)),"")
Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter array formulas.

Upvote 0
Guys i'm sorry maybe i didnt phrase it right. So once again. I have one sheet with suppliers and a second one with their contact details as such.
I want to click on a supplier and "jump" to the corresponding entry on the contact details pivot table. Heres some pics of my workbook

2020-05-08 11 47 14.jpg

2020-05-08 11 48 05.jpg
2020-05-08 11 48 33.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the additional information.
Why doing this via the pivot? Adding a column with hyperlink formula might be all you need.

Book1
ABCDEFGH
1SupplierThisThatLocationCodeFeeRatioLink PhoneBook
2JohnGoTo John
3EricGoTo Eric
Supplier
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
H2:H3H2=HYPERLINK("#PhoneBook!$A$"&MATCH([@Supplier],tPhonebook[Supplier],0)+1,"GoTo "&[@Supplier])

Where the link "GoTo Eric" lands here
1588933329240.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Afua

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back