Jumpy, jittery option boxes

BDD2015

I am working on a questionnaire with radio buttons. Whenever I scroll through the sheet it gets all jumpy and jittery (for lack of better words - lol) and it's driving me crazy. I have tried the "Don't move, resize..." option but it doesn't help. Does anyone have any ideas on how to lock it down so the questionnaire doesn't look like a Mexican jumping bean whenever you scroll?

That's actually really cool but I can't see it. This questionnaire is for supervisors at work with zero to nil Excel experience and I think it would just freak them out, assuming I could do something with it to make it more visual.
What I have right now - using only 1 question as an example is -
On the same row, two group boxes - the first with 5 option buttons and the second group box with 4 option buttons.
Repeated 57 times, of course.
Very cool tho. When I have time I will definitely Google Marlett

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Like - could one row - say Col. H to P be numbered 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4
And then on the rows underneath would be the questions and they'd click on 1-5 in the first group and 1-4 in the second group?
And it would add a check mark at their choices?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just curious. After all the questions are answered how do you determined their score?

Looks like to me you would have to put some sort of code into all these Groups is that correct?

I would surely think there is a better way to do things then to have hundreds of option buttons and groups.

There are lots of ways to do things by just double clicking cells. Which then only requires a small amount of code.

But then I really do not know what your full project is all about and what your ultimate goal is.

Upvote 0
In two Col. beside the question number is an =XX*XX formula. And another cell that sums all the values picked from the questions. Not real proficient with Excel, still a newbie. Just some stinking paper questionnaire my boss has been griping about having to manual enter the data from 400+ questionnaires that he's pulling in. Thought I'd make his life a little easier.

hahaha

And maybe the better way is to let him muddle through his own mess. lol

Paper questionnaires? I mean, seriously? hahahahahaha

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And now I'm curious. What are ways are you thinking of Mr. My Answer Is This? BTW - love your gif. That's me! And I am really, really not good with code so I thought this was easiest. Oops.

Upvote 0
Explain to me what your wanting to do. It sounds like you have a test or tests you want someone to take.

You have questions and then multiple choice answers.

And I would assume you want to determine how many questions were properly answered.

Upvote 0
I have a plan like this:
1. Put your question in row(1) starting in column "A"
2. Continue putting your questions in Row (1) column B" and on and on.
3. Format the cells in Row (1) as "Wrap" text. This way a long question will fit into a small width cell
4. Now in rows below each question put your multiple choice answers.
5. You can enter as many choices as you want.
6. Now when the user sees the question in Row (1) he/she will double click on their choice.
7. The cell he double clicks on will now turn yellow and his answer will be recorded.
8. The user will not be able to change his answer and the correct answer will be highlighted "Green"
9. At the end his score will be shown in a particular place.

This entire project will operate off of a little bit of code entered into the sheet as an auto double click event

If you’re interested in this let me know.

Questions could be also entered into other rows like we could start another set of questions in Row (10)
And on and on. Each series of questions would involve about 8 rows. One row for question about 4 or 5 rows for multiple choice answers. And another one or two rows to record data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back