Keeping Cell data together after being sorted on a separate sheet

Raindrop_001

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
How do you keep a row of cells together when the first cell in the row is being sorted by a sort function on a separate Page. currently, when the NY, PA & OH cells are sorted on page 1, the data next to them is mixed.

1633107203877.png

No worries.
Yes pulling data from one Table of Data into another Table of Data using just cell = cell is not the way to go in Excel.
(It is ok for static data such as headings etc)
You want one table to be the master and the other to pull additional data from it using lookup formulas.
Alternatively one being the Transaction Table and the other a summary table and then pull data with a combination of Lookup, and aggregation functions with or without a lookup like capability eg SumIfs, CountIfs, Maxifs aggregate with criteria.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
No worries.
Yes pulling data from one Table of Data into another Table of Data using just cell = cell is not the way to go in Excel.
(It is ok for static data such as headings etc)
You want one table to be the master and the other to pull additional data from it using lookup formulas.
Alternatively one being the Transaction Table and the other a summary table and then pull data with a combination of Lookup, and aggregation functions with or without a lookup like capability eg SumIfs, CountIfs, Maxifs aggregate with criteria.
That makes a lot of sense. I appreciate you helping and leading me in a good direction though. I've been usually Excel for a while, but mostly for very simple calculations. I'm not completely sure how to use all is functions yet, so this helped

Upvote 0
Glad it has been some help, even if though it was not what you were hoping for.
I am sure you will have some more question later on.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back