Keyboard Shortcut for Name Box

jsfiction

Hi,

I would like to have a keyboard shortcut which moves the cursor into the Name Box to:
- enter a new name or address for selected range,
- copy the address/name of selected range.
Just like when you use mouse to reach the Name Box, it sets the focus and selects its content.

I'm trying to use Chip Pearson's macro: Defined Name Box Shortcut.

Using this code I do can move cursor into the Name Box (I can type a name or a address) but when focus is set into the Name Box the content of the Name Box has disappeared.

Is it possible to keep and select automatically Name Box content using Chip Pearson's solution?

I'm using Excel 2010 32bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

healey21

Welcome to the forum have you tried this:

Select your range of data then use Ctrl + Shift + F3 which will name the selected range with suggestions for you.

jsfiction

Welcome to the forum have you tried this:

Select your range of data then use Ctrl + Shift + F3 which will name the selected range with suggestions for you.
Hello. Thanks but Ctrl + Shift + F3 opens a new window Create Names from Selection and I can do it easily with Chip Pearson's macro, it's not a problem. The problem is to copy the text visible in Name Box using only keyboard.

Ajay Anand

ALT + F3 is the shortcut to Excel Name Box
CTRL + F3 for Name Manager
CTRL + SHIFT + F3 for Creating Names from Selection
F3 for Paste names dialog Box

Haui

Board Regular
Just wondering where is ALT + F3 even documented as a shortcut?
It doesn't appear when googling in any ever so extensive shortcut list or website, isn't listed in the excel help on shortcuts either and at least until Excel 2016 didn't even exist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaddAddaM

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics