link excel, JPEJ file and ppt

ankitind

Hi
I have thousand of scanned copies of invoices (JPEG file format) from different vendors each having a unique bill number as the image file name. I have a excel sheet which has following details: Region, Country, Site, Vendor, Bill Number.
Now I wish to create a separate ppt file for each invoice with the scanned copy inserted as an image in the slide and invoice number as the caption. I want to name the ppt file as Region_Country_Site_Vendor by looking up the data in excel corresponding to each bill number. How can I automate the procedure using VBA, please advice.

I am using office 2007 so I have imported all the invoices in one single ppt using photo album feature in powerpoint 2007. Now I need to create one new ppt file from each slide and name it by looking up in excel.

Thanks
Ankit

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
If you could post the PPt VBA here you might get more takers to help you with the Excel-side VBA but I suspect that most of the code would be related to the PPt objects.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smckenzie2016

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back