Link in Formula links to a wrong file; when that wrong file opens

sunshinereel2

Good Morning;

I have an excel sheet(A) that has a vlookup formula and includes a link to another excel sheet(B) that others in the office update so that I have up to date information. Lately(since a new hire began) when I open my document(A) with the external links to (B) and I have another excel sheet that has nothing to do with the other two(actually my time sheet)(C) the vlookup populates from that third sheet even though the links clearly indicate the other document(B).

Files A & B are located in the same drive on the server and file C is located in my drive on the server.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. I have checked the Edit Links box and the time sheet file name is not listed. The first time I thought just a glitch but it is occurring on a weekly basis now and I wonder if it has to do with something the new hire is saving it as? However, she does not have access to my drive to accidently link it to my time sheet.:confused:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back