Linking to future sheets/future files

dabrot791

To start, I'd like to say this forum is awesome and has saved me more than a few times. Thank you to all the experts!

Now, I have a bit of a problem. I have a series of report files documenting daily activity. Usually, these files are saved by month. In otherwords, a daily activity report for August. Within each file is a tab for each day. Each tab also has one cell that lists exactly that day. These files are saved on a server.

Based on these files, we must collect data and create a summary for the week. It must include total number of people from each team for the day and the weather for the day. This will be collected in a database such that for any 7 day period that we select, a summary table can display all the information we want to know. The database has been created, however, I would like to automatically link the database with the daily activity report files. Source data location will be fixed, so no need to find that, however source tab and source file will change. Since this is an ongoing report, these links must be dynamic, searching for the correct file and tab in accordance with the date required. The above is an approximation of the end product. Is what I am looking for possible? Please help!

8/2
8/3
8/4
8/5
8/6
8/7
Weather
Sunny
Cloudy
Snowy
Snowy
Rainy
Sunny
Team A
Team B

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back