linking two excel sheets

DGRAPHX

I am trying to link two different excel files.....If the Part number in sheet 1 equals part number in sheet 2, then the price in the cell next to it is equal to the price next to the part number in sheet 2.

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
I am trying to link two different excel files.....If the Part number in sheet 1 equals part number in sheet 2, then the price in the cell next to it is equal to the price next to the part number in sheet 2.

Have you considered VLOOKUP?

Upvote 0
VLOOKUP will only find the information in the other sheet. I want to take the three prices in sheet 2 that are for part number X and automatically update them in sheet 1 next to the same part number. So if part #123 in cell A2 has a price change I will only have to update the three prices in A3, A4 and A5 on the one spreadsheet and it should update the three prices for that part on the other sheet.

Upvote 0
VLOOKUP will only find the information in the other sheet. I want to take the three prices in sheet 2 that are for part number X and automatically update them in sheet 1 next to the same part number. So if part #123 in cell A2 has a price change I will only have to update the three prices in A3, A4 and A5 on the one spreadsheet and it should update the three prices for that part on the other sheet.

VLOOPKUP can find info from other sheets, evern other workbooks. I got the impression from your first post that you were only looking up one price, but no matter: just use a VLOOPKUP for every cell in shet1 that you want to get your answer from sheet2, and it does automatically update whenever the sheet is opened.

If you think this is not suitable, perhaps you could post some data for sheet1 and sheet2? That may make thinks a lot clearer.
HTH

Upvote 0
Example:
Sheet 1, Cell A2 - T-56784 (part number
Cell B2 - $1,230 (MFG. List price)
Cell C2 - $861 (Cost)
Cell D2 - $984 (Sale Price)
Sheet 1 has 15,600 rows

Sheet 2, Cell A210 - T-56784 (part number
Cell B210 - $1,230 (MFG. List price)
Cell C210 - $861 (Cost)
Cell D210 - $984 (Sale Price)
Sheet 2 has 18,700 rows. Only changes will be made quarterly to all three prices in Sheet 1. would like to only change prices in Sheet 1 and have them automatically update Sheet 2.

Upvote 0
Example:
Sheet 1, Cell A2 - T-56784 (part number
Cell B2 - $1,230 (MFG. List price)
Cell C2 - $861 (Cost)
Cell D2 - $984 (Sale Price)
Sheet 1 has 15,600 rows

Sheet 2, Cell A210 - T-56784 (part number
Cell B210 - $1,230 (MFG. List price)
Cell C210 - $861 (Cost)
Cell D210 - $984 (Sale Price)
Sheet 2 has 18,700 rows. Only changes will be made quarterly to all three prices in Sheet 1. would like to only change prices in Sheet 1 and have them automatically update Sheet 2.
in cell B210, enter =VLOOKUP(A210,Sheet1!A2:D15601,2)
copy formula to colums C and D, then copy down to row 15601

Upvote 0
that doesn't work. I'm asking it to copy the prices that are next to the part number. vlookup only find same information in another sheet, it doesn't find the part number and put in the different prices next to it. But thanks anyway for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back