List available stocks

ameenuksg

Board Regular
Hi All - I have a product list but not necessarily I have these physical products in my inventory or store.

The product list could go on maybe beyond 500 rows in Sheet 1.

I want to keep up with the stock availability of the products in Sheet 2.

Current(old) and Arrived(New) products could have a thousand rows in the list in Sheet 3.

So all I want to achieve is to create a formula in Sheet 2 to return the products that are available in Sheet 3, Column B after looking up my product list in Sheet 1, Column B, and list them accordingly.

Why I want the formula to lookup the Product List in Sheet 1 because in Sheet 3 there would be other products that are no concern to me.

Note that product ID of the same may be repeated in Sheet 3 but the product list in Sheet 1 is unique.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with a solution as I tried using an index match formula and it did not work for me. Thank you in advance.

Column BColumn CColumn B
Product ListInventory StatusOld and New stocks
Chr12067hf90Chr12067hf90
ZBr12067hf80ZBr12067hf80
DH12649gh62DH12649gh62
Sheet 1Sheet 2Sheet 3

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hi All - I realize that I could achieve this by using the advance filter ? but If I am going to do this on a weekly basis thought there would be a formula to filter out from Sheet 3:). Would appreciate any help

Upvote 0
I thought I should explain myself here again:) I want to extract multiple product names from sheet 3 shown above without the advance filter function. I am open to VBA and formula.

Upvote 0
Hi All I tried index match again(=INDEX(AvailableStocks!$A$2:$A$238,MATCH('List of Parts'!$J3,AvailableStocks!$A$2:$A$238,0),1)) and it seems to work, see below picture.

But I get along list of #N/A, is there a solution in formulas to hide these?

Index Match with NA.JPG

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back