List of Add-ins for 64 bit Excel 2010

KevinL_NH

Can someone provide a list or link of what Add-ins currently WILL and WILL NOT work with Excel 64bit Excel 2010. I have both Office 2010 & Office 2013 installed --- I was planning to update my Office 2010 to 64 Bit , and keep Office 2013 as 32 bit because of issues with add-ins and its what I primarily use. I really only need 64 Bit to work with potentially large Excel files and to work with PowerPivot / DAX. Someone has told me its possible to run 32 bit office and 64 bit office if versions are different (ie. 14 & 15 / 2010 & 2013). Based on my scenario - it seems the best option is to update my office 2010 to 64 bit because I plan to only use for Excel and possibly Access --- any thoughts / comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Most of my add-ins work in both 32 and 64 bit (though admittedly I have not tested all of them yet)
JKP-ADS Download page
Wouldn't know of others, but if you know they use external ActiveX controls such as the treeview or listview, they won't work.

Upvote 0
Jan - thanks for the response -- always hear about issues with ADD-ins (with 64 Bit ver) -- but it is unclear what ADD-ins are affected for 32/64bit versions. I would say I use mostly standard/common ADD-ins such as Fred, Analysis Tool Pack, XML, PowerPivot as well as an Adobe PDF. So those are what I would be primarily concerned about.

Upvote 0
Dunno about Fred and Adobe, but the ones delivered with Excel such as Powerpivot, ATP are OK.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emilou

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back