Excel Add-ins

Faksebugt

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have two computers with same Win. version and Office 365 version. I'm using Excel VBA to control instruments via National Instruments Add-Ins. That works fine on the first PC, but on the second, it does not work. On that PC I miss the Add-in "ExcelTDM.dll". I keep getting "ExcelTDM.dll is not a valid Office Add-In" when I try to add it via COM Add-ins in Excel. I'm also using the same version 18.5 NI tools on both PC,s . I have tried to update to a newer version NI, but that also fails on the one PC. I have tried to run repair installation - but no change.
Anyone have a good idea of what to do? Please :)

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Is one of the Office installations 64bit?

Upvote 0
How did you install the add-in on the second machine? (I don't mean how did you load it into Excel, I mean how did you install the actual dll originally)

Upvote 0
Solution
Hmmm... I did install the NI packet in normal way. But as I recall, after the first installation, I did not find the correct files, and I copied the folder from the other PC into the new. I'll try to uninstall NI again (have done once) and delete the dll folder, to make sure it comes in the correct way.
Thanks for the question :) I'll update when that is tried out.

Upvote 0
It worked. It had to be installed in the right order + and no copying. First NI tools and the Add-ins. Thanks a lot for hint :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back