PowerPoint - Pasting text changes the language to "English (United States)"

RichCowell

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I'm preparing a presentation and have written a lot in Word (with a couple of bits from ChatGPT).

Whenever I paste the info into PowerPoint it changes the language of the text box from "English (United Kingdom)" to "English (United States)".

This happens when I paste from anywhere, although when I paste from Word using the default paste, it doesn't - when I paste text only (so I don't have to faff around formating it all) - it changes to US English.

(When will the Americans learn that there is English, and there are mistakes, and their adaptation is classed as the latter!!)

I've set the Proofing Language to English UK on all slides, and in Outline view, but it still happens.

Can anyone suggest a way to stop this happening? The instructions I've found so far online seem to just suggest everything I've tried.

Using Windows 11, and PowerPoint as part of Office 365, updated to version 2308. (Language / region etc. on the PC are set to the UK)

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Update: this even happens when I paste from a text box in the same PowerPoint file that has already been set to UK English - it's driving me potty!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back