Listbox with checkboxes

xenedra13

Board Regular
I need to create 2 lists from which a user can select up to 10 items out of 155 and all 155 items need to be easily visible without having to move the page down. I would like to be able to do this by creating two listboxes that have checkboxes on each item from the form controls toolbox, but I cannot find a way to add checkboxes to a listbox unless it is from the active x toolbox. The active x control does not do what I want it to do. I do not want to simply put the items in cells with checkboxes beside them because that would take up too much room on the page. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to add checkboxes to a listbox or another creative way to achieve this goal? Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I am running XL2013 and it has a list box control on the Form Controls tool box, located between the spin buuton and the option button. My version of XL2007 also had it.

Upvote 0
I have those listboxes. I need to know how to add checkboxes to the listbox.

I don't believe that is an option with the Form Control listbox. The Active-X does have that option.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back