Look up value from sheet into VBA form

selant

Board Regular
Hi there,

I will start a project which sends given pre-defined text to the selected receiptients by their email adress. For example, I have a sheet (Sheet : WORKERS) containing the following data :

ID - Name - Email
-------------------
001 Tom tom@xxx.com
002 Bryan bryan@xxx.com
003 Jason jason@yyy.com
004 Lynda lynda@zzz.com
005 Mike mike@mmm.com

What i will do is, to create a VBA form and enter ID data to the textbox, and what I want to know is if its possible to lookup the receptient email adress from the 3rd column if the given ID data finds the match through the rows in WORKERS sheet. I am working in a company where each staff has unique ID number. I will be very happy if somebody can show me how to look up the value, and fetch the corresponding email address to another textbox in the form. It is very important for me.

Thank you very much in advance

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Hi, Create a Userform in you Data sheet, With "TextBox1" and "TextBox2" on it.
Place this code in the Change event for TextBox1 (TextBox1 to enter ID Number in.) as shown.
Code:
Private [COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR] TextBox1_Change()
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Rng [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, Dn [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range
[COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] Rng = Range(Range("A2"), Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
    [COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR] TextBox2
        .WordWrap = True
        .MultiLine = True
     [COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] With
[COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] Dn [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Rng
    [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Dn.Value = Val(TextBox1.Value) [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
        TextBox2.Value = Dn.Next & "'[COLOR="Green"][B]s Email address is :- " & Dn.Next.Next[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] If
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] Dn
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR]
Regards Mick

Upvote 0
Hi Mick, how can i modify this code to use it in multiple worksheet file. How to mention about the sheet name, or changing the active sheet to look up ?

Upvote 0
Create a userform with a combobox and 2 textboxes.

Add this code.
Code:
Option Explicit

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
    With ComboBox1
        If .ListIndex <> -1 Then
            TextBox1.Value = Range("B" & .ListIndex + 2)
            TextBox2.Value = Range("C" & .ListIndex + 2)
        End If
    End With
End Sub
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim LastRow As Long
    LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

ComboBox1.RowSource = "A2:A" & LastRow - 1

End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi, What exactly do you want to do.!! Do you want to enter a Number and search for "Email" address in Multiple sheets, if so is that all sheets or specific sheets.
Mick

Upvote 0
Hi, What exactly do you want to do.!! Do you want to enter a Number and search for "Email" address in Multiple sheets, if so is that all sheets or specific sheets.
Mick

Hi Mick, the code you gave me works, this is what i want to do but, there will be multiple sheets in my file.. So i want to make the look up in the sheet named "WORKERS", i dont want to search the number in all sheets, i just need to make the search in "WORKERS" sheet. Thanks a lot

Upvote 0
Hi, Try this:-
Code:
Private [COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR] TextBox1_Change()
[COLOR="Navy"]Dim[/COLOR] Rng [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range, Dn [COLOR="Navy"]As[/COLOR] Range
[COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR] Sheets("WORKERS")
[COLOR="Navy"]Set[/COLOR] Rng = .Range(.Range("A2"), .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
    [COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR] TextBox2
        .WordWrap = True
        .MultiLine = True
     [COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] With
[COLOR="Navy"]For[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Each[/COLOR] Dn [COLOR="Navy"]In[/COLOR] Rng
    [COLOR="Navy"]If[/COLOR] Dn.Value = Val(TextBox1.Value) [COLOR="Navy"]Then[/COLOR]
        TextBox2.Value = Dn.Next & "'[COLOR="Green"][B]s Email address is :- " & Dn.Next.Next[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] If
[COLOR="Navy"]Next[/COLOR] Dn
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]With[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]End[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Sub[/COLOR]
Regards Mick

Upvote 0
This is exactly what i wanted, thank you very much. Norie, thank you very much too. :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back