lookup, index, choose, match, none seem to work for this situation...

boznian

Board Regular
Been trolling through every function I can find in Excel and searching this board to come up with a way to find a value on a worksheet and return adjacent data with no luck. I think my main issue is that the data is not (and never will be) in ascending order, so that seems to eliminate most of the obvious Excel functions.

I need to create a macro that takes Make, Model, List Price etc. from worksheet "A" and copy/paste it to specific cells in worksheet "B". Easy, done. My problem is that I need the macro to then "lookup" that same model number on worksheet "C", then copy/paste more data (from adjacent columns in the same row that it found the model # in) back to worksheet "B". Can't find any way to do this on data that is not in ascending order. Surely this can be done? (Again, the copy/paste part is a no-brainer, I just need some code to use the model# from current row on sheet "A", then find that model number and return the row # from sheet "C" so I can continue the copy/paste operation)

If it helps to understand:
sheet "A" contains info about a particular inventory item "Make, Model, Price, etc.
sheet "C" contains the static info for that particular item, Gender, Size, Weight (32 columns of data)
...that all need to be combined into a table on sheet "B" at the touch of a button.

THANKS for your help

Perhaps

Code:
Dim Found As Range, modelno As Variant
modelno = Range("G" & ActiveCell.Row).Value
Sheets("Features").Activate
Set Found = Columns("B").Find(what:=modelno, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)
If Not Found Is Nothing Then Found.Select

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chislobog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back