Losing Icon Sets when pasting to clipboard

johnny52

Office Version
  1. 2010
  2. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Let's say I have three numbers in a1,a2,and a3 . I go into conditional formatting and use the icon set feature.
Three traffic lights. This works fine. Now I want to copy and paste this to the clipboard. I lose the icons, just the numbers appear.

Any way to have the icon sets come over too ?

Thanks everybody

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Yongle

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
When copying and pasting in Excel ...
... conditional formatting is pasted automatically - so the pasteTo range would look exactly the same as the copiedFrom range.

Where are you pasting result?
Are you pasting result to a different application?
- consider copying the range and pasting as a picture (which includes the traffic lights)

johnny52

Office Version
  1. 2010
  2. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
When copying and pasting in Excel ...
... conditional formatting is pasted automatically - so the pasteTo range would look exactly the same as the copiedFrom range.

Where are you pasting result?
Are you pasting result to a different application?
- consider copying the range and pasting as a picture (which includes the traffic lights)
I am pasting it to the clipboard so the conditional format doesn't carry over.....the images aren't recognized
I'm just going to switch back to numbers.

Yongle

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
You have given up very easily :unsure:

If you explain what you are trying to acheve someone may be able to help.
Where are the results being pasted? They must be going somewhere after the clipboard

Solution

johnny52

Office Version
  1. 2010
  2. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
the worksheet is big and my last column and rows have a large range of numbers. The icon set ( the three traffic lights),in conditional formatting makes it easier to see .(when I put in a sort formula)

I paste the entire spreadsheet to the clipboard, because I just want to view it. The clipboard doesn't have all the formulas.

I just found out ,instead of using the icon set in the original spreadsheet, I pasted them as the original numbers, I can do the icon set (condition-format) on the clipboard .

Sorry for being confusing.....I always appreciate the help

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyNg